Last week it is reported that Iran successfully launched a satellite into orbit and the satellite bears the name in Farsi which means "gospel"...
(Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/02/03/iran-reports-launch-small-satellite-into-orbit/#ixzz1lawuvTyV)
What does this mean for the region? Well, isn't it obvious? The message that is being sent is as clear as mud and I'm going to beat Joel Richardson in saying it first, so that I can get all the credit (and then the book royalties) for myself. Nothing could be a more certain and logical interpretation of Iran's ambassador-of-the-gospel rocket/satellite other than that this represents the next irrefutable proof of Iran's status in the end-times. Iran is hereby proclaiming a different gospel to Israel and the Middle East than that espoused by the Apostles. Therefore, according to Galatians 1:8-9, let them be accursed. Furthermore, Iran is the Antichrist or the Beast or the False Prophet, or one of those bad guys that's supposed to rise up any day now and do a lot of nasty stuff and lie about things and trick everybody. I'm nearly tricked aren't you? What else could this possibly mean? Yes, I'm positive - this is the true unveiled meaning. And I should know because I live over here in this part of the world where bad end-times stuff happens all the time. In fact, it's been going on for at least the last 60 years, now. And don't forget that we're seven hours closer to the end of the world than all you folks over there in North America. Yes, we've got back-stage passes to the greatest show-down on earth (and the last one!). You see, we live closer to the holy land and that just makes us more holy. Yes, I've got it all figured out and I'm going to write the next latest greatest commentary on Revelation and the end of the planet earth. Coming soon to an Amazon.com near you.
[Please understand that in the spirit of the late and much more well known Jonathan Swift, this post is my feeble attempt at satire. But, having to say this out loud sort of takes all the punch out of it. Yet, I do so in the spirit of Christian charity. Read wisely. Don't believe everything you read. As my Alma Mater exhorted its students, "Think theologically...live biblically," remembering that the word 'logic' occurs right there in the middle of 'theologically'. It also occurs in the middle of the word 'eschatological' even though most of what passes for eschatology these days is simply 'eschatolunacy' - thus, the present parody]
"IRNA said the home-made satellite, Navid, or Gospel, was designed to collect data on weather conditions and monitor for natural disasters."
The article I read goes on to say that the rocket launcher which shot the satellite into orbit is named with the Farsi word meaning "ambassador"
"The satellite was sent into orbit by a missile launch-vehicle dubbed Safir, or Ambassador in Farsi, which IRNA described as having 20 percent more launch power, compared to earlier versions of satellite carrier missiles."
(Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/02/03/iran-reports-launch-small-satellite-into-orbit/#ixzz1lawuvTyV)
What does this mean for the region? Well, isn't it obvious? The message that is being sent is as clear as mud and I'm going to beat Joel Richardson in saying it first, so that I can get all the credit (and then the book royalties) for myself. Nothing could be a more certain and logical interpretation of Iran's ambassador-of-the-gospel rocket/satellite other than that this represents the next irrefutable proof of Iran's status in the end-times. Iran is hereby proclaiming a different gospel to Israel and the Middle East than that espoused by the Apostles. Therefore, according to Galatians 1:8-9, let them be accursed. Furthermore, Iran is the Antichrist or the Beast or the False Prophet, or one of those bad guys that's supposed to rise up any day now and do a lot of nasty stuff and lie about things and trick everybody. I'm nearly tricked aren't you? What else could this possibly mean? Yes, I'm positive - this is the true unveiled meaning. And I should know because I live over here in this part of the world where bad end-times stuff happens all the time. In fact, it's been going on for at least the last 60 years, now. And don't forget that we're seven hours closer to the end of the world than all you folks over there in North America. Yes, we've got back-stage passes to the greatest show-down on earth (and the last one!). You see, we live closer to the holy land and that just makes us more holy. Yes, I've got it all figured out and I'm going to write the next latest greatest commentary on Revelation and the end of the planet earth. Coming soon to an Amazon.com near you.
[Please understand that in the spirit of the late and much more well known Jonathan Swift, this post is my feeble attempt at satire. But, having to say this out loud sort of takes all the punch out of it. Yet, I do so in the spirit of Christian charity. Read wisely. Don't believe everything you read. As my Alma Mater exhorted its students, "Think theologically...live biblically," remembering that the word 'logic' occurs right there in the middle of 'theologically'. It also occurs in the middle of the word 'eschatological' even though most of what passes for eschatology these days is simply 'eschatolunacy' - thus, the present parody]

Lest you embarrass yourself and leave a comment you will later regret, please understand that in the spirit of the late and much more well known Jonathan Swift, this post is my feeble attempt at satire. But, having to say this out loud sort of takes all the punch out of it. Yet, I do so in the spirit of Christian charity. Read wisely. Don't believe everything you read. As my Alma Mater exhorted its students, "Think theologically...live biblically," remembering that the word 'logic' occurs right there in the middle of 'theologically'. It also occurs in the middle of the word 'eschatological' even though most of what passes for eschatology these days is simply 'eschatolunacy' - thus, the present parody.
ReplyDelete